- The KCC’s exhibition A Room continues all month, as does
- Haegue Yang’s Teacher of Dance exhibition at Modern Art Oxford, and
- Traditional Transformed: Contemporary Korean Ceramics at the V&A.
- Soon Yul Kang demonstrates her tapestry weaving techniques at Art in Action, Wheatley, Oxon, 21-24 July
- If you happen to be across the pond, don’t miss Poetry in Clay (Buncheong ceramics on loan from the Leeum) at the Met and Lee Ufan – Marking Infinity at the Guggenheim
Talks / seminars:
- The Nomad Artist in a Transnational Era: Korean Contemporary Art on British Soil – a Korean art open talk is at the KCC on 1 July.
- Discover Korea at the Leytonstone Arts Trail, Harrow Green Library, E11 4LF on 9 July
Food and social:
- I’m told that the Fountain Pub in New Malden will be hosting the annual Korean Food Festival on 9 July
- Kiejo Sarsfield‘s cookery classes will be on 2, 16, 23, and 30 July. Contact kiejosarsfield at hotmail dot co dot uk for further info
- The Anglo Korean-Society has its whisky-tasting event on 13 July
- Lee Chang-dong’s Poetry can be found in many cinemas across the country from 29 July
- The KCC’s screenings this month feature the elder actress: Mother on 14 July and Twilight Gangster on 28 July
Classical music and performance:
- Chung Myung-whun conducts at the Proms on 18 and 19 July
- Kim So-ock plays the Brahms violin concerto at the Cadogan Hall on 20 July
- Some youngsters from Seoul perform the musical Princess Pyunggang and General Ondol in Kingston and Brighton 14, 16, 17, 18 July
- Get your tickets now for Ahn Eun-mi (Princess Bari), Oh Tae-seok (The Tempest), Chung Myung-whun, Chin Eun-sook and Suh Ye-ree at the Edinburgh Festival in August.
- The K-pop team’s Jay Park giveaway special is on 2 July
- A flashmob gathers in Trafalgar Square to sing K-pop songs on 9 July, to try to persuade YG to bring some K-pop to London
- The K-pop team has an MBLAQ giveaway special on 23 July
- A K-pop concert featuring Dok2 is on 24 July
- Would-be K-pop stars are reminded that MBC’s talent show application window closes at the beginning of August.