The first exhibition to be held as part of the Think Korea season:
Exposed: Black Box & Crystal Ball
May 4 – June 3, 2006
Debating Chamber, London County Hall, LG i-gallery, Harrods Department Store
This project presents work by twenty video artists, from Korea, China, Taiwan, Australia, UK, New Zealand, Estonia and Norway. In terms of cultural origin and artists various age, experience and recognition EXPOSED: black box and crystal ball brings together emergent artistry with the internationally experienced and well known. They have been selected by unison of the surreal and magical characteristics of their works.
EXPOSED: black box and crystal ball is exhibited and located outside the ordinary gallery setting and instead integrate its visual wonderland as a show-reel through large LCD and Plasma displays at highly known economic and commercial surroundings around London, with its main venue to be, the LG i-Gallery at Harrods Department store.
The second part of the title; black box and crystal ball, relates to the manner of the video works to be shown. As the name suggests; through modern technology, screens which are exclusively modern and desirable commodities, we show works which convey contemporary visual poetics and other-worldliness, utilizing the screens as the window to the world beyond the real.
EXPOSED: black box & crystal ball has been selected as part of the official program for THINK KOREA 2006, Celebration for Korea/Britain official Friendship Year 2006 project.
Ahn KangHyun (Korea) | Gaia Alessi & Richard Bradbury (Italy, U.K) | Choi Jeong Hwa (Korea) | A.K. Dolven (Norway) | Emil Goh (Australia) | gimhongsok (Korea) | Hong Seung Hye (Korea) | Jeon Joon-ho (Korea) | Kim Kira (Korea) | Kim Young Jin (Korea) | Hye Rim lee ( New Zealand, Korea) | Lee Yong Baek (Korea) | Nam June Paik (Korea) | Park June Bum (Korea)| Ene-Liis Semper (Estonia.) | Song Dong (China) | Tsui Kwan Yu (Taiwan) | Catherine Yass (U.K.) | Yoon Miyeon (Korea)
Partners and Sponsors
LG Electronics | Art Council England | Arts Council Korea | MetWiFi | Asia House
- Debating chamber, London County Hall – ONE DAY SCREENING ONLY! (Riverside Building, Westminster Bridge Rd, London SE1 7PB)
- LG i-gallery (3rd Floor), door 5 & 10 screens (more than 50 screens), West window bay (Harrods Department store, 87-135 Brompton Road, Knightsbridge, London SW1X 7XL)
- Other sites (screening time: 12:30-1:30PM)
- Cookies & Cream , 182 Wardour St , London W1F 8FZ
- Moscos, 26 Audley St, London W1K 6WT
- Posini’s, 29 Poland St, London W1F 8QR
- City of Quebec, 12 Old Quebec St, London W1H 7AH
- Warren Sandwich & Pasta Bar, 13 Warren St, London W1 5DA
- Barista Coffee House, Canada Water, London SE16 2BY
- Barista Coffee House, Straford, London E15 2SP