Academia / talks:
- The Korean studies workshop originally scheduled for 25/26 May at SOAS will now be taking place on 26 June instead. Details still being finalised.
- A new workshop on Korean linguistics is scheduled for 1/2 June at SOAS
- A call for papers for a Korean studies conference in Edinburgh, 20-22 September, has been announced.
- The next Korea Discussion Group meeting at Chatham House is 11 June.
- A conference on Security on the Korean Peninsula is taking place at Swansea University on 1 June. A poor quality scan of the flier is above right, with contact details for more info on my events calendar.
- The Dano Festival will be celebrated in Trafalgar Square on 17 June.
- The open-air Korean festival in Kingston, usually held in August, will be on June 30.
The events calendar has been updated accordingly.
This is not intended to be a comprehensive list of upcoming events: for that please consult my events calendar. My usual monthly “what’s on in the coming month” post will be up at the end of May. This is a one-off post given that some of these events are quite soon.
And if you haven’t been to see Roe Kyung-jo’s work yet, it’s getting close to being your last chance.