Hurrah! At last, when someone asks for a native English speaker, they want a native British English speaker. Nay more. Inclusive attitudes to non-standard accents has not spread to this particular project, so intellectual-sounding Edinburgh accents, or salt-of-the-earth West Country accents are not wanted. I’ve checked with the advertiser, and what they want is good old BBC English, the Queen’s English, RP, call it what you will. Sounds like a good deal for any English lass who happens to be in Seoul with a few hours to spare every day over the next month, but obviously you will want to check for yourselves.
This is a recording studio company called Adsound (www.adsound.com) located in Yongsan-gu, Seoul.
Adsound is now set to work on a TTS (Text-to-Speech) project where we are required to collect voice data from different countries; this time we want a female voice with a native U.K. accent.
- An U.K native female with articulate pronunciation (standard U.K. accent)
- Neutral tone of voice
- Doesn’t have to be a professional voice talent
(This is NOT a dramatic, entertaining, or educational type of recording)
- Purpose: For TTS (Text-to-Speech) applications development
- Location: Adsound’s studio in Yongsan-gu, Seoul.
- Work hours: 2-3 hours a day, 4 times a week, for about a month. (specific work hours negotiable)
- Payment: Around 200,000 Won per hour (This is not fixed payment – depends on the quality of voice & experience)
- Starting from mid-March.
Interview & audition process
- Send us your resume to our email jka1 [at] adsound [dot] com
- We’ll give you call and set the date for the personal interview & audition
- 10-20 minutes of voice recording in our studio as an audition.
- We pay you the audition fee. (50,000 Won)
- Notify you the audition result by phone or email.
* Please do not apply if you don’t speak in standard U.K accent.
Enquiries to the email address above, rather than LKL.