- For the third year running, Korea has a high-profile input into the Thames Festival: 12-13 September
- Dulsori appears at the Tower Festival on 19 September
Social and meetups
- The Anglo-Korean Society has its first monthly meetup on 2 September in a central London restaurant.
- The Anglo-Korean Society’s Chuseok dinner is on 17 September.
- The Chelsea MA show runs from 3 – 6 September at their Millbank location. Around 10 Korean students will be showing their work
- I-MYU features Hong Young-in in their exhibition starting 3 September
- Park Hyewon’s solo show, Moment of the Passing, is at 491 Gallery in Leytonstone for a week from 4 September
- A group show of four artists, Defamiliarisation, is at Southwark’s Nolias Gallery for a week from 9 Setpember
- Asia House has a group show, TransReal – Korean Art Now, starting 29 September for two weeks
- Crossfields continues at the KCC until 16 September. There’s a gallery tour and Design-it-yourself event on 3 September and a seminar with participating artists on 8 September. More details on LKL here.
- Seahyun Lee’s solo show continues at Harewood House in Leeds until 13 September
- The Korean Pavilion at the 100% Design London Exhibition, 24-27 September, has the theme “Designonomics.”
Courses, conferences and lectures
- Michael Shin talks about Yi Kwang-su’s The Heartless at the KCC on 29 September
- The Joint East Asian Studies conference takes place in Sheffield, 8-10 September
- Dulsori start their weekly Samulnori classes on 4 September
- Kiejo Sarsfield is running her Korean cookery classes from 12 September
- The KCC will be featuring the late Lee Eun-joo in their screenings this month: Bungee Jumping of their own (with Lee Byung-hun) on 10 September and The Scarlet Letter (with Han Suk-gyu) on 24 September
- Christie’s New York is selling a wide range of Korean art works old and new, including ceramics and a Park Soo-keun painting on 17 September, and their Amsterdam sale room has a couple of pieces of Choson dynasty porcelain on 22-23 September. Further ahead, four lots of ceramics and bronze ware from the Arthur M Sackler collection, billed as being from North Korea, are on sale in New York 1-2 October
- The Venice Biennale continues, with Yang Haegyue in the official Korean pavilion, and collateral events involving Kim Atta and Chun Woojung
- Dulsori will be performing in Gent (Belgium) on 12 September and Thessaloniki (Greece) on 15 September.