I’d like to think that March is the calm before the April storm that will be the London Book Fair. But it seems to be just as busy as ever.
- The K-Fashion Odyssey at the KCC continues until 15 March, after which the KCC will be getting ready its printing exhibition which will coincide with the London Book Fair in April
- Both Art 14 and Sasapari close on 2 March
- Are You OK? and Chaos, Cosmos And Circulation continue at Hanmi Gallery until 9 March
- Kim Hayoung continues at 43 Inverness Street until 22 March.
- Chung Heeseung: Inadequate Metaphors runs at HADA Contemporary 6-30 March
- Sun Ae Kim: Quotidian at Mokspace is from 6-22 March
- Hwang Seon-tae and Bae Joon-sung are at Albemarle Gallery / Shine Artists 6 March-2 April
- Chan Kwang-young will be showing new work at Bernard Jacobson Gallery from 12 March
- Tying in with the London Book Fair, the KCC is running a series of screenings of film adaptations of novels by London Book Fair authors on Tuesday evenings: Road to Sampo (4th) Portrait of Youth (11th) Scarlet Letter (18th) Leafie, a Hen into the Wild (25th) Moss (1 April)
- In their Year of the Screen Professionals, the season of screenwriter Park Hoon-jung’s films comes to an end with Showdown on 13 March and New World on 27 March
- DJ Masa will be performing near Embankment station on 7 March
- Joo Yeon Sir is performing at Lincolns Inn on 18 March (lunchtime) and the V&A on 21 March (early evening)
- Min-jin Kym will be among the performers including Julian Lloyd Webber at the Barnes Music Festival on 29 March
Talks, meetings, everything else
- A Christian survivor of a North Korean prison camp appears before MPs on 4 March
- The KCC’s book club meets on 26 March to discuss Kim Young-ha’s Your Republic is Calling You, but if you’re not registered already it’s probably too late.
- SOAS’s Spring season of talks continues with Drama and the Korean Wave (7 March) and Iryon as a historian on 14 March
- Chun Kwang-young talks about his work at the Artworkers Guild on 14 March
- The Anglo Korean Societey AGM is on 20 March
- The Hairy Bikers’ Seoul episode will be screened probably 20 or 27 March. Date not announced yet, but the book of the series, and their Korean recipes, is already available.
- LKL celebrates 8 years online on 1 March.