A new year, and thankfully not too busy an agenda for January, but there are some good things here. Don’t forget to submit your panel / paper proposals for the Joint East Asian Studies Conference by the end of the month.
- The KCCUK starts its film screenings with a season of three early movies from the Korean New Wave: Black Republic (11 Jan @Birkbeck), Chilsu and Mansu (15 Jan @KCCUK) and Nambugun (18 Jan @KCCUK)
- Sunwook Kim plays Mozart, Beethoven, Chopin and a Donghoon Shin premiere at the Wigmore, 8 Jan
- Daegu’s Joyful Harmonica Ensemble play at the KCC on 10 Jan.
- Hyeyoon Park (violin) plays Szymanowski and Beethoven at the Wigmore, 13 Jan.
- Y Dance is part of a triple bill at The Place on 16 Jan.
- Crush performs at the Kentish Town Forum on 20 Jan
- DAY6 performs at the Kentish Town Forum on 25 Jan
- In Liverpool, Yunchul Kim’s work can be seen at FACT until the beginning of March.
- Lee Ufan‘s and Suh Do-ho‘s installations are still in place in Hyde Park and the City.
- London Art Fair is at the Business Design Centre 16 – 20 Jan.
- Jeonju’s exhibition of its food culture continues at the KCC until 12 Jan
- The first big KCC exhibition of the year is a collaboration with Delfina Foundation featuring past artists-in-residence, starting 26 Jan.
- Soo Yul Kang’s work is at the Menuhin Hall until 15 Feb
- Yanghwa and Sang Ho Chung are in Figurative NOW, at Daniel Benjamin Gallery until 5 Jan.
- SOAS starts its new season of seminars with Hae-Sung Jeon’s study on Sais-soli (18 Jan) and Jinhee Choi’s look at ‘Comfort Women’ in Korean film (25 Jan)
- There’s a new year K-pop party at Nomad London, 4 Jan and another one at the O2 Academy in Islington on 25 Jan.
- The (North) Korean Friendship Association is picketing Channel 4’s offices on 5 Jan
- The 57th Sewol Silent Protest is on 19 Jan.
Keep an eye on the upcoming events page and the Google calendar for the complete picture and for events further into the future, while the sidebar on the home page shows the most recent event updates. Feel free to send updates by email or via the Contact form.