Another Covid-19 casualty. This conference is postponed and will hopefully be reconvened at a later date.
Wolfson College Oxford is hosting an afternoon workshop on topical themes related to South Korea.
Korea’s Strategy: Economic Success, Popular Culture, and Global Art
Friday 20 March 2020, 1pm – 4pm
Wolfson Auditorium | Wolfson College | Linton Road | Oxford OX2 6UD
Open to all
13:00-13:10 Opening remarks
13:10-14:00 Session 1
- The Strategy for Korea’s Economic Success (Hwy-Chang Moon – by video conference)
14:00-15:00 Session 2
- The Untold Story of the Korean Film Industry (Patrick Messerlin)
- Connecting the Disconnected: The International Popularity of K-pop and its Core Messages (Jimmyn Parc)
15:00-16:00 Session 3
- K-Beauty and the Western Beast? K-beauty’s Expansion into Western Markets and Skin Alteration Practices (Rebecca Chiyoko King-O’Riain)
- BTS Art Connect: A Universal Language (Yonsue Kim)