- The KCC’s Home Theatre series moves from piano music to chamber music. On 4 June the Sejong Soloists play Mendelssohn’s Octet.
- O Muel’s Jiseul screens online on 5 June at 6pm
- Kim Ji-woon’s Age of Shadows can be found on BBC iPlayer for the next couple of weeks
The Korea Society has two online events to mark the 70th anniversary of the start of the Korean War:
- Veteran Tales with Sal Scarlato on Wednesday 3 June at noon New York time (5pm BST)
- Commemorating the Start of the Korean War, on Thursday 25 June again at noon New York time (5pm BST)
Online discussion and talks
Two great lectures from the RASKB this month:
- Blistered Fingers and Bleeding Throats: The Aesthetics of Korean Traditional Music – Jocelyn Clark on Tuesday 9 June at 7:30pm Seoul time (11:30am BST)
- Making Icons: The Rise of the K-pop Adjacent Industries – CedarBough Saeji on Tuesday 23 June at 7:30pm Seoul time (11:30am BST)
And there’s a conversation between Song Kang-ho and Bong Joon-ho moderated by Olivier Père as part of the We Are One film festival – Wednesday 3 June at 4:45am EST / 9:45am BST
- The KCC’s monthly book club restarts on Zoom with a discussion of Don Mee Choi’s DMZ Colony, on 25 June.
- New literature in translation this month: Jeong You-jeong’s Seven Years of Darkness came out a couple of days ago, while Ha Seong-nan’s Bluebeard’s First Wife collection comes out in a couple of weeks