Did you think that the second lockdown would get in the way of the second Kimjang Festival? Think again. The organisers have been working hard to create an online programme of events looking at how people are making kimchi at home in the UK. There are also spotlights on some innovative restaurants and chefs in London who are using Korean flavours in contemporary ways. And the festival concludes with the official launch of the Kimjang Project recipe book.
It’s nice that the Ambassador has lent her support. I rather like her hanbok-style apron. Someone should start making those and selling them!
2020 Kimjang Festival
Dates: Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays, 22 November – 13 December 2020, 1pm
Venue: Kimjang Project YouTube Channel
The programme of events is as follows:
- Sun 22 Nov: Opening event
- Fri 27 – Sun 29 Nov: Stay Home, Stay Healthy: Making Kimchi At Home!
- Beyond Kimchi: Creative Korean Dishes:
- Fri 4 Dec: Vegan Yes
- Sat 5 Dec: Jae Restaurant
- Sun 6 Dec: Sollip
- Fri 11 Dec: Flat Three
- Sat 12 Dec: Three Recipes From WIKIM, Korea
- Sun 13 Dec: Finale — Kimchi Recipe Book & Video Launch
Come and enjoy the healthy fun!