As we emerge from the lockdown:
- The KCC’s Artist of the Year exhibition featuring Jewyo Rhii lasts until the end of January.
- There’s a series of online talks associated with the exhibition.
- Han Collection has an exhibition of buncheong ceramics all month.
- Skipwiths have an online exhibition featuring Hyojin Park – Spiritual Garden Awakening – until January.
- The London International Animation Festival has a handful of Korean shorts, until 6 December.
- The London Korean Film Festival has extended its run to have a couple of screenings at the Genesis cinema post-lockdown, 4 and 6 December.
- The London East Asia Film Festival has three good screenings in the West End, 10-13 December.
- The 2020 Festival of Korean Dance has moved online, 2-6 December
- Bruce and Ju-Chan Fulton talk about their new translation of Kim Soom’s One Left courtesy of SOAS, 4 December
- As noted above, Newcastle’s Locus+ have organised a series of online talks associated with the Jewyo Rhii exhibition.
- The Korea Society are hosting
- The online Kimjang Festival lasts until 13 December
Further ahead: the world premiere of Unsuk Chin’s second Violin Concerto at the Barbican on 7 January 2021 has unfortunately been cancelled because of the social distancing required.
Have a good Christmas. And for those who want something unusual with their turkey, Korean Pantry are doing a Brussel Sprout kimchi this month.