Suhyun Christine Kim, Soprano
Petur Ernir Svavarsson, Tenor
Ian Murray Sutherland Musical Director
Whitman Ensemble: Miles Ames Violin, Inis Oirr Asano Viola, George Wikes Cello, James Trowbridge Double Bass
- All I ask of you & Think of me from Phantom of The Opera, Andrew Lloyd Webber (Soprano, Piano, Ensemble)
- “Christmas Lullaby” from Song For A New world, James Robert Brown (Soprano, Piano)
- “The Light in the Piazza” from The Light In The piazza, Adam Guettel (Soprano, Piano, Ensemble)
- Ten minutes ago from Cinderella, Rodgers & Hammerstein (Soprano, Piano, Cello)
- “Someone to watch over me”, George Gershwin (Soprano, Piano, Double Bass)
- Disney Medley, Alan Menken (Soprano, Piano, Ensemble)
- “아라리요, Arariyo” (Korean Art Song), Jisoo Lee (Soprano, Piano, Ensemble)
- “첫 사랑, First Love” (Korean Art Song), Hyogun Kim (Soprano, Tenor, Ensemble)
- I Love Besty from Honeymoon In Vegas, James Robert Brown (Tenor, Piano)
- Les Misérables Medley, Claude-Michel Schönberg (Soprano, Tenor, Piano, Ensemble)
- “What More Do I Need? & So Many People” from Saturday Night, Stephen Sondheim (Soprano, Piano)
- “Migratory V” from Myths And Hymns, Adam Guttel (Soprano, Piano, Ensemble)
About the performers
Musical Director /Accompanist
Ian Sutherland is musical director/supervisor and composer. Ian has worked for numerous productions of musical theatre in Scotland, including Sweeney Todd (Brunton Theatre), Rabbie (Burns and Beyond Festival), and RENT (Gilded Balloon). Also, he has been co-orchestrator/vocal arranger at the Royal Academy of Music for Colored Lights: The Songs of Kander & Ebb (2022) and composer of an original score for Shakespeare’s As You Like It (2023). He held the position of Music Lecturer/Resident Musical Director at the MGA Academy of Performing Arts, Edinburgh.
Tenor: Pétur Ernir Svavarsson
Pétur holds a BMus in Piano and Voice Performance from the Iceland University of the Arts. In 2020 he won the Audience Prize in the Vox Domini Vocal Competition as well as a prize for his performance of Icelandic arts songs. Pétur has performed with the Icelandic Symphony Orchestra as a singer.
Miles Ames Violin / Inis Oirr Asano Viola / George Wikes Cello / James Trowbridge Double Bass
The Whitman Ensemble is a London-based piano quintet with double bass founded by students of the Royal Academy of Music. In 2021 and 2022, they were awarded second prize two years consecutively in the Academy’s prestigious Harold Craxton Chamber Competition. They recently performed at the Victoria & Albert Museum’s Raphael Gallery as part of the Glastonbury Pastoral Concerts series.