Author: Bok Song, Bruce Cumings, Dong-no Kim, Hyuk-Rae Kim, Karl J Fields, Koo Hagen, Kye-Choon Ahn, Seung-Kyung Kim, Wang-Bae Kim, Yong-Hak Kim
Publisher: Univ of California Berkeley Institute of East Asian Studies, 2007.
Link to online store *
From the publisher’s website:
This volume serves as a comprehensive survey textbook on modern Korean society for use by students and teachers alike. The chapters provide discussion on key issues of modern Korean studies, including regionalism, inequality, and division. The common theme is the influence of Korea’s unique traditional elements on the modernization process and the country’s prospects for the future.
- The Contour of Modern Korean Society | Hyuk-Rae Kim
- Regionalism and National Networks | Yong-Hak Kim
- The Korean Stratification System: Continuity and Change | Hagen Koo
- Inequality and Class Reproduction in Everyday Life | Wang-Bae Kim and Bok Song
- Economic Governance: Its Historical Development and Future Prospects | Hyuk-Rae Kim
- From Take-off to Drop-off?: Postwar Economic Development and Industrialization | Karl J. Fields
- Family, Gender, and Sexual Inequality | Seung-Kyung Kim
- Population Changes and Urbanization | Kye-Choon Ahn
- Social Grievances and Social Protests against the Oppressive State | Dong-No Kim
- The Making of Civil Society in Historical Perspective | Hyuk-Rae Kim
- Division, War, and Reunification | Bruce Cumings
Entry on Goodreads.com here.
* Where the book is available from a number of sources, they are prioritised as follows: (1) Amazon UK site, or Bookshop.org for the more recent uploads (2) Amazon US site (3) Other sites in US or Europe, including second-hand outlets (4) LTI Korea, where the title is advertised as available from there (5) Onlines stores in Korea. Links to Bookshop.org and Amazon UK site contain an affiliate code which, should you make a purchase, gives a small commission to LKL at no additional cost to you.