A brief group exhibition in Bermondsey:
directed by Yaejin Hong, Garim Kim
Saturday 8 June – Wednesday 12 June 2019
Art Number 23 | Block F | 100 Clements Road | London SE16 4DG
Sat 17:00 – 22:00 – Opening Night with performances from: DJ Brakio, The We.K.End Company, KNOT, and Jinsun Park | Sun – Tue: 11:00-19:00 | Tuesday 14:00 – “NOBUDAM Quiz” – A slight twist to a pub quiz; there will be ten questions on Art and the winner will receive a prize! | Wed 11:00-16:00
£3 admission fee (unlimited free drinks and catalogue)
NOBUDAM space presents our second exhibition “Playground” at the Art Number 23 Gallery in London from 8th to 12th June 2019, displaying the works of 26 Korean student artists. There will be a wide range of genres from painting, installation, photograph, performance to music.
NOBUDAM space, deriving from the words “no” and “bu-dam,” meaning “pressure” in Korean, (hence, “no pressure”) is a platform that provides everyone an opportunity to reveal their artistic potential. We are very pleased to share the fine talents of young artists who have put a lot of effort into the exhibition, and we would like this event to be a venue for celebrating different artistic passions and talents. We would be grateful for your interest and support to the second exhibition of NOBUDAM space.
The purpose of this exhibition is to show that anyone with passion can be an artist, regardless of expertise or genre. To achieve this purpose, we are honoured to host our young artists from diverse academic disciplines.
With the global increase in social network usage on platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and Youtube, our leisure time has become dominated by social media. At NOBUDAM’s second exhibition, we are honoured to host 26 artists who will be showcasing their unique hobbies creatively in response to the uniformity of our free time.
Entitled Playground, this exhibition presents 6 themes represented by 6 rides:
Bench, Slide, Climbing Frame, Swing, See-saw, Merry-go-round
So please come and explore our playground, no pressure!
- Bomi Hwang (황보미), BA Textile Design, UAL Central Saint Martins
- Dahoo Yi (이다후), BA Fine Art, De Montfort University
- Dasom Kim (김다솜), BSc IT Management for Business, University of Manchester
- Hyewon Kang (강혜원), BSc Fashion Management, UAL London College of Fashion
- Hyun Ah Kim (김현아), BA Design, Goldsmiths University of London
- Jaeyeon Choi (최재연), MA Fine Art, UAL Central Saint Martins
- Jeonghye Ahn (안정혜), MA Textile Design, UAL Chelsea College of Arts
- Jinho Kim (김진호), BA Fine Art, Sahmyook University, Korea
- Jinju Kim (김진주), BA Fine Art, Goldsmiths University of London
- Jinsun Park (박진선), MA Media and Communication, Goldsmiths University of London
- Junsung Yi (이준성), BA Fine Art, UAL Central Saint Martins
- Lynn Chang (장경린), BA Fine Art, Goldsmiths University of London
- Picture Lee (이그림), BA Fine Art and History of Art, Goldsmiths University of London
- Sangwook Park (박상욱), BA Arts Management, Goldsmiths University of London
- Sanha Oh (오산하), BA Creative and Cultural Industries: Design Marketing, Kingston University
- Seung Wook Baek (백승욱), BA Global Business Management, Coventry University London
- Sol Swain Kim (김솔), BA Design, Goldsmiths University of London
- Yunjung Jang (장윤정), BA Fine Arts, Goldsmiths University of London
- DJ Brakio (Dan Jihun Jung (정지훈), BSc Economics and Economic History, LSE)
- The We.K.End Company (Alex Song (송민창), MSci Astrophysics, UCL,…)
- Sara Moon (문지원), BA Law, UCL; Sangwoo Kim (김상우), BA Anthropology, UCL; Gene Lee (이승진), BSc Social Sciences, UCL; Soomin Park (박수민), BSc Social Sciences, UCL