Welcome to LKL’s Events Home Page. Here you can find out how to navigate LKL’s comprehensive listings of Korea-related events in London (and elsewhere in the UK) and how to browse LKL’s archives of event notices and reviews.
LKL has four ways of recording events.
- Individual events posted on LKL – which contain all the details and links, and which benefit from LKL’s comprehensive tagging and archiving system. A
- For Korea-related events listed on Facebook, I’ve set up a page which aggregates all Facebook events that I come across. Clearly, not all Korea-related events are posted to Facebook, but it’s getting more common.
- Google Calendar (embedded below) – maybe the quickest way of seeing at a glance both past and future events
- Finally, each month we pull together a summary of what’s coming up in the next 30 days. Those posts can be found here.
There is duplication between the different types of event record, and I’m afraid you have to check both (1) and (2) above for the complete picture. LKL aims to post major events on the site and thus include them in the database, but there are too-many K-pop parties and dance workshops to keep up with: those events are generally posted on Facebook. The Google calendar aims to consolidate the two main lists but sometimes there might be timing differences between an event making it onto our upcoming events list and being included on the Google calendar as everything has to be manually posted. The Google calendar contains links to the event details that have been posted on LKL, or to third party sites such as Facebook where I have not posted them on LKL. The Google calendar is embedded below. In respect of the events posted to LKL:
- A list of major upcoming events, sorted by event date, can be found here.
- Archives of past events, sorted by event date, with links to LKL’s coverage of those events, can be found here: 2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 and earlier.
- An archive of all the (2,400 +) individual event notices, in the order that they were posted to LKL (most recent ones first) can be found here.