The Coronation of His Majesty The King and Her Majesty The Queen Consort is a time for celebration across the nation and the Commonwealth, over a weekend of special events:
Monday 8 May is a special Bank Holiday that has been proclaimed by the Prime Minister in honour of the Coronation, giving everyone the opportunity to join in with their communities and good causes.
We will be celebrating together on Jubilee Square with a small stage, food stalls, games, activities and a bar. We expect the day will be a relaxing and enjoyable family friendly event, please come along and join the fun.
- Face painting with Wing,
- Tombola with the Royal British Legion,
- Food themed arts and crafts activities with @food_of_us_ and crown making with @kingston.beats,
- Soft tennis with New Malden Tennis club and Karaoke with the Korea Town Foundation
Hanguk Hapa adds:
We will have 5 of my hanboks for you to try on PLUS a King’s hanbok, to take photos in and feel like a Queen or King 👸🤴. Not only will we have hanbok, but we will also have noraebang #노래방 karaoke 🎤, for you to sing your hearts out to your favourite kpop anthems! *English songs also available.*
- Delicious street food from all around the world.
- Ghanaian Barbeque,
- Veggie Vin Pizza,
- Sri Lankan Curry,
- Cheeky Pea Mediterranean
- Food from Hong Kong,
- Happy Hill Caribbean,
- Burgers and chips and
- The Lamb Pub Baa bar.
- 11:00 Opening Speech Mayor of The Royal Borough of Kingston.
- 11:10 New Malden voices Choir
- 1:40 Childrens Chinese Lion Dance
- 12:10 Sri Lankan dancers/ drummers
- 12:40 Korean dancers
- 1:10 New Malden Ukulele Group
- 1:40 Here Comes Gilan
- 2:10 London Kim’s Dance Group
- 2:40 Mabes
- 3:10 Emily’s School of Dance
- 3:40 Rob Hughes
- 4:10 Scarlett Black
- 4:40 Beth Jakob
Image credit for bunting: M Hawksey via OpenVerse