We didn’t manage to see all of the All Eyes on Korea Thames Festival events, but here’s a flavour of some of them…
1. The Kukkiwon Taekwondo demonstration team practising on the evening before the Festival. They wowed the audience on Saturday with an encore featuring PSY’s Gangnam Style.
2. CJ’s new restaurant, Bibigo, was selling some of their condiments, and dishing out free bibimbap:
3. Needless to say, free bibimbap was popular with the punters:
4. One of the more interesting and unusual events was Meekyoung Shin’s reconstruction of the Cheomseongdae observatory out of soap. Here she is (in the dark T-shirt and dark glasses) supervising the finishing touches:
5. Two tonnes of soap was donated by Lush for the event. Here’s what was left over after day one. It’ll all get used on day two:
6. Meanwhile at a booth next door, Hong Sang-sik was running a noodle workshop. A finished work:
7. Not much is getting made here, but people are having great fun anyway:
8. And yes, that’s a noodle-sculpted “Hi!”
9. The traditional folk games were also proving popular with the young visitors…
10. … while for the grown-ups there was Lee Lee-nam’s video work to entertain us in between events on the main stage:
11. Yeonheedan Palsandae delighted the crowds with traditional music and dance:
12. And the weather was kind too:
Thanks to the KCC and sponsors for another great festival.