The Application Window for the 15th K-pop Academy is open from 16 January to 6 February 2019. Don’t miss your chance to join this ever-popular programme:
The 15th K-Pop Academy
Date: 16 February – 27 April (10 weeks)
Time: Every Saturday afternoon
Venues: Korean Cultural Centre UK and various off-site venues
Tuition Fee: Free
This programme is for those with an interest in Korea and Korean culture. Running for 10 weeks (16 Feb – 27 Apr 2019) every Saturday afternoon at the KCCUK and various offsite venues, 30 students are welcomed in to develop their understanding of Korea.
With 30 places on offer each term, the KCCUK runs this 10-week culture course to provide a hands-on approach to learning about Korea and K-Pop through various activities, workshops and guest lectures.
This course explores both traditional and contemporary aspects of Korean culture through topics including Korea’s history, dress, language, sport and food to name but a few. Each week students will also be joined by a guest speaker to guide the students through a specialist field. Previous speakers have included Brigadier (Retd) B.A.H Parritt CBE on recent Korean History, Master Jongho Kim teaching Taekwondo and Tammy Jane, Leader of London K-Pop Dance Workshop.
Upon completion of the course, graduates will have will have developed a deeper understanding of Korea and Korean culture, increased their Korea-related networks, met like-minded people and most of all, had fun!
16 Feb Welcome to the KCCUK
23 Feb Korean language and Alphabet
02 Mar Hallyu of Today and Tomorrow
09 Mar K-Pop Dance
16 Mar Korean Cuisine: Hansik
23 Mar Traditional Korean Dance: Talchum
30 Mar Korean War History
06 Apr Korean Sport: Taekwondo
13 Apr Traditional Korean Dress: Hanbok
*** 20 April Easter break ***
27 Apr Graduation Ceremony
* Please note that the programme listed above may be subject to change.
- Application Window: 16 January – 6 February 2019
- Applications must arrive by 6 February 2019 to email@example.com. Application forms received outside of the application window will not be accepted.
How to apply
- Download the ‘Application Form’ from the KCCUK website.
- Complete the application process and submit via firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘K-Pop Academy Application – [Name]’.
Student selection is based upon a lottery-based system after an eligibility check against the following criteria:
- You must be 16 years or over
- You can’t have previously participated in the K-Pop Academy
- You must have a keen interest in Korea and Korean culture
- Tel: 020 7004 2600
- Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org