Courtesy of the Korean Language Meetup group:
10th Korean Festival 2007
10:00 Opening Ceremony
10:30 Ceremonial Parade of British Korean War Veterans
10:50 Gilnori (Samulnori genre) performed by Hanaldarae team to pronounce the start of the festival and pray for a successful festival
11:00 A series of traditional Korean dance performed by Jun Soon Hee’s dance team from SeoKyeong University
11:25 Harmony of Kayagum and guitar played by Ji-Eun Jung & Sung-Min Jun
11:35 Further performance by Jun Soon Hee’s dance team
11:45 Further performance by Ji-Eun Jung & Sung-Min Jun
- Variation of DoRaJi (Kayagum Solo)
- Cannon Variation (Kayagum & Guitar Duet)
- Pop song – “Let it be” (Kayagum & Guitar Duet)
11:55 Further performance by Jun Soon Hee’s dance team
12:05 Demonstration of Korean Traditional Musical Instruments by Hanaldarae team (for VIPs)
12:15 Puk Chum (Drum dance) performed by Jun Soon Hee?s dacne team
12:25 Raffles drawing / Arm Wrestling competition (Man and Women)
12:35 Traditional Korean Dance “Sanjo” performed by Sun-Hee Park
12:40 Modern Dance by the youths
12:55 Taekwondo demonstration (Korean martial art) by Cho’s Taewondo School
13:25 Combined performance by football Freestylers including Mr Hee-Yong Woo, John Farnworth, Abbas, Danportrait, Mike Delaney, Kebeshigirder, Nam, Delaneyairborne
13:55 Hapgido Demonstration by School Korean Martial Arts & Dukmoo Academy. Hapgido is a uniquely comprehensive ancient Korean art that is gaining a huge following around the world as an incredibly practical self-defence system.
14:15 Joint parade of British Korean War Veterans and performance teams
14:30 Further performance by Jun Soon Hee’s Dance Team
- Korean Fan Dance
- BiSang (taking-off)
14:55 Samulnori Performance by Hanaldarae
15:05 Further performance by Jun Soon Hee’s Dance Team
15:15 Further performance by Ji-Eun Jung & Sung-Min Jun
- Variation of DoRaJi(Kayagum Solo)
- Cannon Variation (Kayagum & Guitar Duet)
- Let it be (Kayagum & Guitar Duet)
- Amazing Grace (Kayagum Solo)
- Arirang (Kayagum & Guitar Duet)
15:30 Further performance by Jun Soon Hee’s Dance Team
15:40 Further Demonstration of Korean Traditional Musical Instruments by Hanaldarae team and London Sowas (for audience)
15:50 Further performance by Jun Soon Hee’s Dance Team
- Mut, Heung and Sinmyoung (Taste, Pleasure and enthusiasm)
16:00 Samulnori performance by SOAS
- Performed by British students from London SOAS University in London
16:10 Demonstration of Traditional Korean wedding
16:40 Girl’s hiphop
by Seung-Hye Nam, Yu-Ri Kim, Ha-Lim Yang, Youn-Joo Lee
B-boy and popping performance
by Min-Jong Choi, Yu-Ri Kim, Seung-Yeop Ma, Jun-Ho Kim, Na-Dan Oh, Yo-Han Ahn, Sabastan(British), Trun(Chinese), Jung-Taek Oh, Jae-Eun Lee
16:55 Arm Wrestling Semifinal / Final & Awards
17:25 Daedongnori with hand-in-hand & joint tug of war
18:00 Awards for “The King of Kimchi” & raffles drawing
Awards for record-breaking in Traditional Korean gameplaying
See you next year
The following programmes are open to anyone who wishes to participate at will. Winners are awarded a plenty of prizes.
1. “Record-breaking” challenges in Traditional Korean game-playing
- Score cards will be distributed on each game ground/each game post.
- Continues between 14:00~17:00.
- Score cards should be gathered from each game post and submitted altogether to the main office by the Festival main stage.
Types of game
post 1 : Jegichagi
post 2 : Dalgona
post 3 : Biseokchigi
post 4 : Gongginori
post 5 : Nultuigi
post 6 : Gonu
post 7 : Yut Dunjigi
post 8 : Ddakji Duijipgi
2. “King of the arm wrestling”
- The tournaments are carried out for Men and Women.
- Final and semi-finals will take place on the main stage.
- Entry applications should be made between 10:00 and 11.00
- Qualifying games start from 12:30 and Semi-finals & final from 16:55
- Qualifying games at Post 9 and Semi-finals & final at the main stage.
3. The Best Kim-Chi competition
- Restaurant businesses and individuals can participate.
- Anyone who wishs to join should prepare Kim-Chi in a designated container provided in Korean Residents Society office from 14:00, 20th June.
- The prepared container should be returned before 11:00 am on the Festival
- Evaluation team will pick up a winner and announce with an award at 18:00 at the main stage.
- The winner will be published through Korean Residents Society News.
Prizes (sponsored by Korean National Agricultural Co-operative Federation)
2007 King of Kim-Chi : a testimonial and a prize
Delicious Kim-Chi : a testimonial and a prize
Pretty Kim-Chi : a testimonial and a prize
Fusion Kim-Chi : a testimonial and a prize
Fondant Kim-Chi : a testimonial and a prize
4. Demonstration of how to make Kim-Chi
- At the booth of Korean National Agricultural Cooperative Federation, participants can have a chance to make Kim-Chi. This event is held twice (12:30, 15:30)
- supervised by the chef, Jin Seok of Rose Garden Korean restaurant.
5. Photographing sessions
- Photographs with a bride and a groom in traditional Korean costumes, and Hodori and Hosuni
- Premiership 2007 winners’ Trophy will be displayed (sponsored by Manchester United Football Club) at the booth of Barclays Bank. Pictures can be taken at the Trophy.
6. Raffles drawing
- Everyone must purchase at least one raffle at the entrances in order to enter the Festival ground. Each raffle costs £1.00.
- Raffles drawings will take place at the main stage at 12:45 and 18:00.
- Prizes include an airline return ticket to Korea, TV, mobile phones, digital camera, etc.
(automatically generated) Read LKL’s review of this event here.