Here are the events I know about for December.
- The British Museum is holding a screening of family films on Saturday 6 May. In an interesting double bill, we have Marathon (2004) – a cut above your average feelgood sporting movie – and Wedding Day (1956)
- The KCC’s twice-a-month screenings continue. Christmas in August is the final screening of 2008, on 11 December.
- For DVD addicts, Guard Post gets a Blu-ray release on 29 December
- The Creation from Tradition exhibition at the KCC wraps up on 4 December. There’s an evening talk on 2 December
- The next KCC show, “Entry Forms” – of young Korean artists in the UK – commences on 9 December.
- Landslide continues at I-MYU until 20 December, featuring landscape artists from the East including Sea-hyun Lee
- Modest Moments continues in Kings Lyn until 20 December
- Yi Chul-jin performs Salpuri and Seung-mu at SOAS on 12 December, and is joined by Lee Myung Hee for some gayageum sanjo.
- SOAS wraps up this season’s series of free evening lectures with a talk on Korean Pop culture on 5 December.
- The Korean Language Meetup convenes at the Old Justice on 9 December
I’ll update this post if I hear anything more.