Here are the events that I know of for June
- Opening gala concert on 16 June by veteran pop diva Yoon Bok Hee
- Korea’s hit show Nanta coming to the Rose Theatre in Kingston from 18 June
Talks and seminars
- Free seminar at SOAS entitled History and Nationalism in Korea, 2 June at 2pm.
- Walter Keats addresses the Korea Discussion Group at Chatham House on Wednesday morning, 3 June
- Dr Zhang Chun addresses he Korea Discussion Group at Chatham House on Tuesday afternoon, 9 June
- Free SOAS study day on Mutual Perceptions of Choson Korea and the West in Travel Literature, 1700-1910, 15 June
- The KCC presents a talk by Mike Swindells entitled A Veteran’s impression of the Miracle on the Han, 10 June
- Damian Gascoigne leads a Manhwa workshop at the KCC, 23 June at 6pm.
- Four Korean artists exhibit at Albemarle Gallery from 4 June in a show entitled Korean Aesthetics
- The Saatchi Gallery hosts works by over 30 bankable Korean artists from 20 June in a show entitled Moon Generation.
- 100 Years of Manhwa continues at the KCC until 24 June
- The KCC hosts a performance of extracts from Hyun Je-myeong’s operatic version of Chunhyang, 5 June.
- The Korean Language Meetup Group is planning a picnic in Regents Park on 11 June
- The Anglo Korean Society is planning an evening of culture and art at the KCC on 16 June. Artist Francesca Cho will introduce some her hangeul-inspired work, while the Korean Spirit and Culture Promotion Project will present some of their instructive documentaries on Korea’s treasures.
- Jeon Ji-hyun hits the UK screens in her Hollywood debut. Blood: the Last Vampire opens on 26 June. Hurrah!
- Dasepo Naughty Girls and Kick the Moon get welcome Region 2 DVD releases from Third Window Films on 8 June
- Nambugun screens at the KCC on 11 June. No details as yet on the second screening of the month.