- South Korea play the Ivory Coast at QPR football club, 3 March
- A one-day seminar at SOAS and the British Museum on Korean Court Painting, 29 March
- Nah Youn Sun, responsible for LKL’s Live Performance of the Year 2009, performs at the Queen Elizabeth Hall on 15 March
- Kim Yeon’s work will be on show at the Albemarle Gallery until 13 March
- There’s something on at the Jerwood Project Space from 3 March, but I haven’t had details yet.
- Younee returns to the UK. Her big gig is in April, but she is doing a classical recital at the Stables in Milton Keynes at lunchtime on 28 March.
- Pianist Grace Yeo plays Barber, Ravel and Schumann at St Martin in the Fields on Friday lunchtime, 19 March
- Soprano Seo Sung-eun sings Mozart’s Exultate Jubilate at St Johns Smith Square on 3 March
- Jung Ha-young (double-bass) performs at the Wigmore on 4 March with members of the Razumovsky Academy
- Anglo-Korean Society members are reminded of their AGM at the KCC on 9 March, and of their trip to Standard Chartered on 25 March
- The Korean Language Meetup will have a couple of get-togethers during March – check their site for details.
- Kiejo Sarsfield will be giving weekly cookery classes on Saturdays, 11 – 2pm. Contact kiejosarsfield at hotmail dot co dot uk for details
- The first KCC screening this month is Daytime Drinking on 11 March at 7pm. No news yet of the screening on 25 March
Talks / Conferences
- The SOAS evening seminars this month look good: Korean food culture on 12 March and Adoptee Artists on 19 March.
- The CBI and UKTI host a conference “Korea – Open For Business” on 15 March at the BIS conference centre in Westminster
- The KCC has announced its first Global Korea lecture of the year: Dr Kirsteen Kim on Korean protestant missionaries. 6:30 on 31 March.