After a hectic November, December is a little quieter. Let me know what I’ve missed.
- The Year of the Four Actors comes an end with two films starring Ha Jung-woo: Berlin File (12 December) and The Terror Live (18 December)
- Shin Meekyoung’s solo show, Unfixed, continues at the KCC
- Night Break, featuring photography from Kim Shin-wook and Kim Tae-dong continues at Mokspace until 14 December
- HADA Contemporary commences a seasonal group show, Homo Utopicus, on 5 December
- Kwon Juk-hee’s solo show at October Gallery starts on 5 December. Jukhee is giving a free talk about her work at 3pm on Saturday 7 December at the gallery.
- Hanmi Gallery has a group show, Slice, 7 – 14 December
- Grace Yeo has a solo piano recital at the Wigmore Hall on 27 December
- Ambassador John Everard talks at Robinson College Cambridge on 3 December: Inside North Korea – Life, Love, and The Leader
- The last SOAS seminar of the term is on 6 December, Why is the ‘Lonely Saint’ so lonely in Korea’s Buddhist Monasteries?
- EAHRNK.org is hosting a streaming talk on International advocacy for North Korean Human Rights: Methods, Activities, and Participation on 9 December