November is a big month for film, with the London Korean Film Festival which lasts from 3 Nov to 17 Nov and then moves on to the rest of the country. Full details on the festival website. All the London screenings and talks are on the LKL events calendar. Other events as follows:
- Riptide, the group show responding to the work of Koo Jeong A, continues at the KCC until 19 November.
- Pontone Gallery’s Bae Joon-sung solo show, The Costume of Painter – Still Life, continues until 20 November.
- Sun Ju Lee’s Assembly Passage continues at Willesden Green library until 30 November.
- Hyelim Kim performs with Steve Beresford, Ute Kanngiesser and Blanca Regina at IKLECTIC on 3 November and with Byron Wallen at Club Inegales on 12 November
- Asian Chairshot and others perform at the Hope and Anchor on 3 November
- Crush (Shin Hyo-seob) has two sold-out performances on 27 and 28 November
- The All Party Parliamentary Group on North Korea has three public sessions:
- Jieun Baek on North Korea’s hidden revolution – 2 November
- Exiled North Korean acitivism – 8 November
- A screening of While They Watched – 17 November
- SOAS’s Centre of Korean Studies has the following talks
- Other London talks include
- The KCCUK’s Korean Literature Night on 24 November discusses Kim Namcheon’s Scenes from the Enlightenment