- The KCC’s exhibition Rehearsals from the Korean Avant-Garde Performance Archive lasts until 19 August;
- Through their eyes: depicting Korea and UK then and now is at Kingston Museum all month;
- The exhibition of Contemporary Korean Ceramics continues at the V+A;
- The Arthill Gallery Summer Group Show continues all month.
- The 6th London Korean Film Festival teaser screening is Jang Hoon’s Taxi Driver, 14 August in London and a week later in Cambridge;
- Highlight of this season of screenings at the KCC is Kim Hong-joon talking about his memories of the Korean film world at Birkbeck on 25 August. Before then we have Park So-hyun’s 2016 documentary Knitting Club (3 Aug), Ha Gil-jong’s 1975 classic March of Fools (10 Aug), Jung Da-won’s Garak Market Revolution (2017) (17 Aug) and Kim Hong-hoon’s own La Vie en Rose (1994) (24 Aug).
- Korean Sounds – East Meet West: Space is at King’s Place on 2 August.
- Hwang Sok-yong appears at Asia House on 17 August;
- Poet Kim Kyung-ju is touring the UK 15-18 August with his translator Jake Levine;
- The KCC’s Korean Literature Night this month features Bae Suah’s Recitation.
- The British Korean Society has a tour of the above exhibition at Kingston Museum followed by dinner locally on 17 August.