Visual arts and design
- Two exhibitions close today: Hyen Jungyoon’s Walking on Tiptoes at the KCC and Gazelli Art House’s Window Project which includes work by Park Jinyong.
- The Koppel Art Hive group show 6 – 8 September features work by Min Joonhong
- The Sunny Art Prize exhibition 4 – 30 September includes work by six Korean artists
- The START Art Fair runs 13 – 16 September and includes plenty of Korean interest
- Kim Yunchul’s Dawns, Mine, Crystal opens at the KCC on 17 September
- 100% Design London and Tent London run 19 – 23 September
- Lee Ufan’s Relatum – Stage is still outside the Serpentine.
- Outside of London, the Trees are still High in Durham, till 9 September, the Aesthetica Art Prize continues in York until the end of the month, while the Liverpool Biennial has several weeks to run.
- The LKFF’s final Teaser Screening is Lee Kwang-guk’s A Tiger in Winter, 17 September, when the LKFF 2018 programme will be officially launched.
- A Woman Judge (1962) screens in Deptford on 18 September as part of Korean Cinema Echoes
Academia and literature
- SOAS’s conference Visualising Asia is 20 – 21 September
- This month’s Korean Literature Night on 26 September features Pyun Hye-young’s The Hole
- The BAKS workshop on The Agency of Korean Women is in Oxford on 29 September
Music, K-pop parties and dance workshops
- Urban Sound play at the launch event for K-Music 2018 on 12 September. Book your tickets for the various concerts in the festival here.
- A special extra preview of K-music 2018 has been announced: SsingSsing at Pizza Express Soho on 30 September.
- Experimental musician Yaeji performs at the Serpentine on 7 September
- The KCC’s House Concert on 25 September features the Elpis Trio
- Victon play 229 The Venue on 13 September. Up10tion play there on 23 September
- ZICO’s King of the Zungle tour comes to London on 28 September
- There are K-pop parties in London on 1 September and 15 September
- There’s a dance workshop to tracks by Bigone on 2 September
Food and Festivals
- Kingston celebrates Chuseok in its market place, 22 September
- The British Korean Society has a Chuseok meal on 17 September
- There’s a pop-up by Busan restaurant Boksoondoga in Marylebone, 4 – 15 September
Keep an eye on LKL’s upcoming events page and the Google calendar for the complete picture, while the sidebar on the home page shows the most recent event updates. There’s also an aggregation of Facebook-listed events here. Feel free to send updates by email or LKL’s Contact form.