It’s a bit quieter this month – except for Edinburgh of course. All events are in London except where stated otherwise.
- The KCC’s Love Beyond Boundaries season concludes with Wanee and Junah (1 August) and Oasis (8 August)
- The BTS Bring the Soul movie has screenings on 7 and 10 August
- The next Korean Film Festival teaser screening is Zhang Lu’s Ode to the Goose, 19 August
Festivals and fun
- The Edinburgh Fringe lasts until 26 August, with plenty of Korean performers coming over
- The Manipulator Yu Ho-jin appears in The Illusionists, a hugely enjoyable show of magic, all month.
- The Korean community in New Malden celebrate Independence Day on 17 August with food, performances and other entertainments
- Radio Kimchi holds its second K-pop fair on 24 August
- There’s a k-pop night in Vauxhall on 2 August, a k-pop dance workshop on 3 August and a BTS-related meetup on 17 August
- Joo Yeon Sir has a lunchtime recital at St James’s Piccadilly on 23 August
- Seong-jin Cho plays Prokofiev at the Proms on 24 August
- The KCC’s House Concert on 27 August features Jaeyong Nam (Clarinet) and Harry Rylance (Piano)
- Eris 136199 play the Vortex on 8 August
- KNK play the Islington Academy on 18 August
- Nina Park (one-handed daegeum) will be performing with other traditional instrumentalist on 18 August
- Teen Top’s performance at the Islington Assembly Hall seems to have been cancelled
Talks, seminars, literature
- The KCC’s literature night on 29 August is a discussion with author Kim Kyung-Uk
- Mari Kim and Cha Jongrye are at Pontone Gallery until 4 August
- The KCC’s current exhibition, Circulation Metaphor, continues all month
- Installations by Suh Do-ho, Tai-Jung Um and kimsooja can be found near Liverpool Street, in Regents Park and in Yorkshire Sculpture Park
- On August 14th – ‘Memorial Day for Japanese Forces’ Comfort Women Victims – there will be a protest outside the Japanese Embassy.
- The monthly Remembering Sewol silent protest on 17 August moves its venue to New Malden High Street