Here are the events I know about for February. Let me know what I’ve missed. This month, I’m more likely than usual to have overlooked something.
Last chance to see
- The Tiger in Asian Art at Asia House – till 12 February
- Future’s Future’s Future at the KCC – till 19 February. Participating artists talk about their work on 8 Feb at 4pm, and you can arrange your own guided tour by contacting the KCC.
- The big Nam June Paik show continues in Liverpool
- Meekyoung Shin’s solo show starts at the Haunch of Venison on 16 Feb.
- The annual massive group show, 4482 / Sasapari, will be at the OXO tower 24-27 February.
- Joung-ouk Hong participates in The Outer Limits group show at James Freeman Gallery starting 24 Feb.
- The Tori Ensemble performs at the KCC on 7 Feb
- If you happen to be in Amsterdam, you can catch them on 2 February, and many more traditional musicians on 5 Feb, in a festival called Wild Wild East celebrating the lunar new year.
- For the lucky few, the KCC celebrates the first full moon of the lunar new year with traditional music & dance on 18 Feb (invitation only)
- There will be samulnori drumming tuition from Jeunghyun Choi, the manager of Dulsori, probably somewhere in the East end, on Saturday afternoon 12 Feb
- The KCC screens Portrait of a Beauty on 10 Feb, and Forbidden Quest on 24 Feb.
- The Japan Foundation is running a festival at the ICA which contains two films with a Korean interest: Linda Linda Linda starring Bae Doo-na on 6 & 9 Feb and Go, a story of an ethnic Korean in Japan, on 5 & 10 Feb.
Food and fun
- Kiejo Sarsfield runs her cookery classes on Saturday mornings throughout February. Contact kiejosarsfield at hotmail dot co dot uk for details.
- Meetups will occur throughout the month
- The Kpop team celebrates the new year on 19-20 at the Abacus bar with a 2NE1 special.
- The Kpop team will be running a Kpop evening at the KCC on 25 February.