Film, Jazz, K-pop, and of course the State Visit this month.
- Among the many duties to be performed by President Park on her state visit on 5-6 November will be a ground-breaking ceremony for a new Korean War memorial
- Coinciding with the State Visit, KOTRA are holding a Korean Branding and Entertainment Expo at Old Billingsgate 4-6 November, which includes a live performance from 2NE1 as well as a holographic performance from PSY.
- The London Korean Film Festival contains many highlights too numerous to mention, before moving on to Oxford, Bradford and St Andrews
- The East Winds Film Festival in Coventry lasts until 3 November
- Screenings from the Ha Jung-woo season at the KCC have yet to be announced.
- The first installment of the Dalkey Archive of Korean Literature should be hitting the shelves this month
- As should Colette Balmain’s Directory of World Cinema – Korea.
Talks and conferences
- The DPRK ambassador to the UK talks in Cambridge on 4 November
- The Korea-UK Forum on the Peaceful Unification of Korea is on 19 November
- SOAS evening seminars examine the role of the army in the North Korean economy (15 November), the collection of Koryo dynasty artefacts in the late 19th / early 20th centuries (22 Nov) and the name(s) of God (29 Nov)
- There’s a holographic performance by PSY and possibly 2NE1 at KBEE London 2013, as well as a live performance from 2NE1
- Super Junior are at Wembley Arena on 9 November
- Infinite are at the Hammersmith Apollo on 27 November
- Hyelim Kim performs daegeum at the London Jazz Festival on 21 November
- Joo Yeon Sir performs at the Wigmore on 11 November
- Meekyoung Shin’s solo exhibition at the KCC starts on 11 November
- Her solo show, Archetype, finishes at Sumarria Lunn on 8 November
- Her group show, Heritage Reinvented, finishes at Tryon Street on 22 November
- And you can still see her Duke of Cumberland in Cavendish Square.
- The Korea Brand and Entertainment Expo is home of a three-day media art exhibition, Crytsallize, curated by Stephanie Seungmin Kim
- Kim Minae’s Thoughts on Habit are at HADA Contemporary all month
- Kim Dok-hi’s Reflections are at Mokspace until 12 November
- Yun Sungfeel and Kim Shinwook are in a group show at Hanmi Gallery from 13 November
- Oak Jungho is at 43 Inverness Street till 9 November – well worth a visit