Coming up this Saturday at LSE’s Hong Kong theatre: the LSE’s third Korean Political and Economic forum, focusing on the hallyu and mobile contents. Of special interest will be the talk by Yun Sukho, director of the famous TV drama Winter Sonata, one of the first big hallyu hits in Japan.
The first, political, session of the day examines The Impact of the Korean Wave, Hallyu, on the Image of Korea, while the economic session provides an Overview and Prospects of Korea’s Mobile Contents Industry.
Preregistration is required via the LSE website (www.lsesu.com/events/6872/2482). Non-members of LSE must register as a guest first via www.lsesu.com/account/register/guest, before registering for the event via the first link.
LSESU Korea Political and Economic Forum 2013:
Reborn – the Image of Korea
On 30th November 2013, 10am – 2:30pm, LSE SU Korean Society is pleased to present its third annual Korean Economic and Political Forum: “Reborn…the Image of Korea”. Our forum will discuss two major topics: for the political session, the impact of Hallyu, the Korean Wave, on the image of Korea; for the economic session, the overview and prospects of the Korean mobile contents industry.
Our keynote speakers include:
- Director Sukho Yun (Director of the Four Seasons Drama Series: Winter Sonata and more): Overview of the first spread of K-Drama and its roles in promoting Korea
- Prof Keith Howard (SOAS): Why Korean Wave?
- Dr Changyong Son: Impact of exporting K-Drama on the image of Korea in the recipient countries
- Mr Mike Won (CampMobile): Overview of the Mobile Apps Industry and prospects of Campmobile’s business
- Mr YoungIl Park (Korea Creative Content Agency): Overview and Evaluation of Korea’s Online and Mobile Apps Industry
Opening speech by Dr Judith Shapiro (LSE) and HE Ambassador Sungnam Lim
To register, please follow the link below:
Non-LSE registrants can register as guests before registering for the event.
Raffle prizes to be won on the day!
Venue: Hong Kong Theatre, Ground floor, Clement House (bottom right in below map), Aldwych.
More information is available on the event’s Facebook page