- As we get to London Fashion Week, the KCC’s first exhibition of the year is Style Sharing, as part of the International Fashion Showcase, from 16 February
- Prudential Eye award winner Shin Meekyoung has a solo show at HADA Contemporary from 5 February
- Hur Shan’s solo show at Gazelli Art House continues all month
- Park Chan-kyong’s solo show at Iniva continues all month.
- Out of the Ordinary, a group show of award-winning young Korean architects, is at the CASS Bank Gallery, 6 – 28 February
- The Korean Chamber Orchestra is at the South Bank with John Malkevitch on 23 February
- Further afield, in Cambridge Joo Yeon Sir plays The Lark Ascending and Sarasate’s Carmen Fantasy with the City of Cambridge Symphony Orchestra on 14 February.
- Jinx!!!, a Japanese film featuring a member of K-pop group T-ARA, screens at the ICA on 1 February
- A video of a performance of Oh Tae-seok’s The Life Cord screens at the KCC on 19 Feb.
- The film screenings this month are from the early career of Kang Woo-suk: Mister Mama (12 Feb) and Two Cops (26 Feb).
Talks and social
- SOAS’s evening seminars continue with
- Actualising Musical Tradition: Performance-as-Research on the Korean flute (Dr Hyelim Kim, 6 Feb);
- Life in the Dolphin Pool: An Illustration of life in North Korea (Andrea Rose, 17 Feb – a collaboration with the British Korean Society);
- Suicide and Development in S Korea: the Psychology of Catch-up Development (Song Haeyoung, 20 Feb);
- North Korean artists and Africa (Dr Polly Savage, 27 Feb)
- The Korean Information Centre in New Malden opens its doors for the first time on 2 Feb, with coffee and refreshments in the morning.
- The Diners of the British Korean Society have their first meeting of 2015 on 18 February
- There’s a London ‘Korean-English’ Culture Exchange Night on 12 Feb and a Chinese New Year party late night on 21 Feb