Books, talks and discussion
- Hyeonseo Lee has three separate events to launch her memoir, on 1, 2 and 3 July. You may have come across a trail or two in the Guardian and the Times.
- Ambassadors Hay and and Gifford update the British Korean Society on the UK-Korea relationship on 6 July
- Ko Un appears with Brother Anthony at Ledbury on 12 July and the KCC on 15 July
- Brother Anthony and Tea Master Hyoam will be presenting the Korean tea ceremony at the KCC on 16 July
- The KCC’s book club on 29 July will be discussing Yi Kwang-su’s The Soil.
- Get your applications in for the Korean Literature Essay Contest by 12 July (details on KCC website)
Dance and performance
- Boys Republic and Choi Min Soo perform at the Islington Academy on 4 July
- The Korean Artists Association opening performance on the theme of Arirang is on 7 July at the KCC
- Nayoung Kim and Yong Min Cho bring you Silence – a Day at the Temple at Asia House on 13 July.
- The KCC previews two Edinburgh Fringe performances: 27 July is The Cherry Orchard: Beyond the Truth; 31 July is Leodo: The Paradise
- The big Kingston Welcomes Korea festival kicks off with traditional dance from In Nam Soon at the Rose Theatre on 30 and 31 July. Check out KWK’s website for the full programme of events.
- The Korean Artists Association summer residency at the KCC opens on 7 July and lasts till 27 July. The exhibition theme is Arirang.
- Kwon Minho’s solo show at The Foundry Gallery opens on 2 July
- Hur Shan’s commission for Sculpture in the City will be unveiled at St Helen’s Bishopsgate on 4 July.
- Chris Barrett’s and Gianluca Spezza’s Icons of Rhetoric continues in Nottingham until 10 July.
- Kim Chang-kyum’s work is included in Watershed at Hall Place & Gardens, all summer.
- Further afield, if you’re in Cologne, Choi and Lager’s summer exhibition is on all month.