If K-pop dance cover competitions are not your thing, but you fancy taking on a challenge in order to win a trip to Korea, try the Embassy’s second Quiz on Korea, to be held at the KCC on 6 July. Note that overseas Korean nationals are not eligible to enter. But also note that the grand finale will be on Korean TV, so extra points will be awarded for Korean proficiency.
Quiz on Korea 2013
The Embassy of the Republic of Korea is organising a Quiz on Korea as a public diplomacy project to raise the awareness and interest about Korea of non-Koreans in the United Kingdom. If you think you know enough about Korea then this is your chance to compete with others who share the same passion about Korean music, films, history and culture. For Entry Form and detailed Rules and Guidelines please see the attachment.
- Closing date for Application Submission: Sunday 30 June (not Monday 24 June 2013 as stated in the attachment)
- UK Qualifying Round: Saturday 6 July 2013
- Final Round in Korea: Friday 30 August 2013
- Any foreign national, who can speak Korean and/or English.
- It is possible that the Final in Korea will consist of questions in Korean.
- There will be extra points for Korean proficiency.)
- Individual and his/her immediate family member should never have held Korean citizenship.
- Overseas Korean nationals are not eligible for this contest.
- Contestants should be 18 and/or over.
- The Winner will be invited to Korea and participate in the Final
- 2nd Prize winner will receive a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
- 3rd Prize winner will receive a Samsung Digital Camera
- 4th & 5th Prize winner will receive a K-POP DVD
WINNER OF UK QUALIFYING ROUND
- One winner from the UK Qualifying Round will win a trip to Korea to be featured in the Quiz on Korea Final television programme hosted by KBS and KBS World.
- Return Flights and Accommodation including meals will be provided.
The prizes for the Quiz on Korea Final in Seoul will be confirmed at a date closer to the competition.
For further enquiries please contact the Press Office 0207 227 5560 or