This events listing was written a week ago before the KCC had published their programme for November. I’ll update it when I get more information.
Too many films to mention in the London Korean Film Festival at the Barbican from 6 November, with some of them going to Liverpool on 13 November. There’s also the tail end of the BFI London Film Festival which has some Korean Films, plus A Bloody Aria is on at the ICA until 16 November.
- Dr Ra Yong-jil repeats his 31 October Cambridge talk at the KCC in London on 3 November.
- The SOAS autumn lecture series continues with talks about Hwang Woo-suk on 14 November and early Korean accounting on 28 November
- A one hour talk on Comfort Women takes place in SOAS on 3 November and Oxford on 4 November
Music and dance
- Contemporary dance from Dance Theatre ON in Greenwich on 4 November
- Lively gugak fusion music from Baramgot in the Barbican on 6 November
- Li Chul Jin performs in Durham on 19 November
Visual arts & exhibitions
- Asian Art in London runs until 12 November. I-MYU decamps from the East End to the more accessible Cork Street for the duration.
- Heather Elgood runs a 3-day course on contemporary Asian Art at SOAS, 3-5 November
- Chris Steele-Perkins’s striking Comfort Women photographs continue on show at the Royal Festival Hall until 9 November
- Blight and Hope continues at the KCC until 4 November
- The Fantasy Studio Project continues at Liverpool, as does Choe U-ram’s exhibition at FACT.
- The Anglo Korean Society’s annual House of Commons dinner is on 6 November
- The London Korean Language meetup’s first event for November is also on 6 November
Live from Korea
- Liverpool hosts some Korean films, a performance by Dulsori, plus other events, 13-15 November, sponsored by the KCC.
- The KCC continues its series of Saturday documentaries from the resources of the Korean Spirit and Culture Promotion Project.