Lee Seung-taek’s solo show at Mot International continues until 23 August. Lee was born in 1932 and the works on show at the exhibition come from the years 1957 – 1971. His work has been collected by the Tate: a 1958 version of the 1957 Godret Stone (고드랫돌) that is on show here. Lee is still active as an artist – for example he performed as part of a group show at Gallery Hyundai in 2012 (a video is at the bottom of this post). Some installation shots are embedded below.
- Lee Seung-taek pages at Gallery Hyundai | Mu-um
- Designboom on Lee’s participation in the 2010 Gwangju Biennale
- Interview with Hans Ulrich Obrist in Flash Art Asia, 2013
- Notice of the exhibition from Mot International, which has a useful essay
- Brief article on Tate Modern’s website about his Godret Stone series.