Call for Papers for SoKEN 2020, Edinburgh, UK, 8-9 April 2020
The Social Sciences Korean Studies European Network (SoKEN)
Korean Studies, Department of Asian Studies, The University of Edinburgh
invite paper and panel proposals for their upcoming conference
Divided Societies on the Korean Peninsula
Korean Studies in the Department of Asian Studies at the University of Edinburgh is hosting the 2nd Social Sciences Korean Studies European Network (SoKEN) conference in Edinburgh on 8th-9th April 2020.
We are especially interested in receiving proposals exploring the following topics:
- Old and new cleavages in Korean politics
- Minorities in Korea
- What future for the two Koreas? Federalism, confederalism and beyond
- Korea and AI
- Culture and soft power
- Identity, diasporas, and transnationalism
- Socio-economic changes in North Korea
- Korea in regional and global politics
- Scholarship of the non-human
- Trans-historical approaches to the study of Korea
- Online and offline activism
Please note that the list above is not exhaustive and that we welcome proposals on other topics.
Submissions should include an abstract (350 words) and a short bio (100 words) and be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 December 2019
Papers Acceptance Announcement: 10 January 2020
Proposals from postgraduate students, early career researchers and independent scholars are welcome. Limited support towards covering travel expenses is available.
Enquiries can be direct to Dr. Youngmi Kim, Senior Lecturer in Korean Studies, University of Edinburgh email@example.com