A lot was going on in LKL during March. I’ve been setting up test blogs on my server; I’ve been testing new plugins; I’ve been exporting my database and reimporting it every which way. I’ve been playing with different versions of WordPress. All this in preparation for the move.
I also installed the All-in-one SEO pack.
Some time towards the end of the month I noticed:
- that my RSS feed was sick (I couldn’t get an RSS reader on the Korean Artists test blog to read it) and
- that my readership had halved in the space of two days.
I’m a bit hazy about the cause and effect between all these things going on. I don’t know whether a lot of my readers visit because of a feed they’re subscribing to. I certainly know that a lot of readers come via google, but whether the SEO pack had confused google for a while I don’t know either.
I was even more confused when I looked at my google adsense revenues for the month:
The highest ever.
Optimise your website. Lose readers. Gain revenue.
I find I’m always learning new things as I run this site. But I’m struggling to identify the lesson to be learned from this particular set of observations.