- In Exeter, Young In Hong’s The Moon’s Trick continues until 22 April;
- In Nottingham, The Real DMZ closes on 15 April;
- Han Collection’s exhibition of crafts from the boudoir, Gyubang, continues all month;
- In Durham, the photography exhibition entitled The Hills are High continues all month;
- Made in North Korea: Everyday Graphics from the DPRK again continues all month;
- Lee Ufan’s Relatum – Stage is near the Serpentine until mid-summer. (LKL review here);
- Juree Kim participates in Exhibit A, at Anise Gallery, until 7 April. (LKL review here);
- Seung Ae Lee’s solo show, Becoming, is at the KCC, also until 7 April;
- The KCC’s next exhibition, Mun•Bang•Sa•U – The Friends of the Scholar, opens on 24 April.
- In-sook Chappell’s new play Mountains: The Dreams of Lily Kwok is on tour in Manchester, Stratford (East London), Bury St Edmunds and Poole;
- Francis Turnly’s new play, The Great Wave (set in Japan and North Korea) is at the National Theatre until 14 April.
Talks & Discussions
- Rory MacLean gives a talk entitled Inside the world’s most secretive nation on 10 April – an output from the British Council’s Above the Line project;
- Paul Gravett discusses graphic novels from North and South Korea on 19 April;
- The British Korean Society hosts a talk by an English and a Korean judge on 23 April;
- The KCC’s Literature Night on 25 April discusses Silver Stallion with its author Ahn Jung-hyo.
- The KCC’s season of film adaptations of Korean novels continues with Yu Hyun-mok’s Descendants of Cain (Hwang Sun-won) on 12 April and Jeong Ji-young’s White Badge (Ahn Jung-hyo) on 26 April. The latter will be followed by a Q+A with the novellist;
- The Lovers and the Despot screens at the National Theatre’s Cottesloe Room on 9 April (LKL review here);
- The first LKFF Teaser screening of the year is the romantic melodrama Be With You (Lee Chang-hoon, 2018) on 25 April;
- In Edinburgh, the final screenings in the Korean Noir series are Coin Locker Girl (3 April) and The Merciless (10 April).
- Say Sue Me are on tour with dates in Glasgow (17th) Leeds (18th) London (19th) Coventry (20th) Chester (21st) Cardiff (22nd) Leicester (23rd) and Colchester (24th);
- The KCC’s house concert on 24 April features music for cello and piano;
- Rockbottom perform at the Underworld Camden on 16 April;
- South Club perform at the Underworld Camden four days later on 20 April.
- The K-pop team has organised a late-night Easter party in Soho on 1 April;
- Superstar DJ Peggy Gou plays Mixmag Live at the Village Underground on 6 April;
- London KPop Dance team has a sold-out EXO workshop on 8 April;
- The monthly Sewol Silent Protest is on 14 April – four years on.
- There’s a K-hiphop / K-pop party in Vauxhall on 13 April and another K-hiphop event in the Pentonville Road on 21 April;
- There’s a K-pop meetup in Birmingham on 14 April;
- The SOAS North Korea Society has a tour of the British Museum’s North Korean collection on 24 April;
- Note that the deadline for the Kim Aeran essay contest has been extended to 30 April.