Publisher: M.E. Sharpe, 1996.
Link to online store *
From the publisher’s website:
This work provides an introduction to some of the most important and representative genres of classical Korean literature. Coverage includes: Samguk sagi and samguk yusa as literature; Kuun mong and Unyongchon; the lyricism of Koryo songs; and the literature of Choson Dynasty Women.
- What Is Korean Literature?
- The Mystery and Loveliness of the Hyangga
- The Incomparable Lyricism of Koryo Songs
- Notes on the Samguk sagi and Samguk yusa
- Notes on Shijo
- The Literature of Choson Dynasty Women
- Ho Kyun: Hong Kiltong chon and the Hanmun Lives
- Kuun mong and “Unyong chon”
- The Literature of Shirhak: Winam, Pak Chi-won
- Notes on P’ansori
- Toward Modern Korean Literature
Entry on Goodreads.com here.
* Where the book is available from a number of sources, they are prioritised as follows: (1) Amazon UK site, or Bookshop.org for the more recent uploads (2) Amazon US site (3) Other sites in US or Europe, including second-hand outlets (4) LTI Korea, where the title is advertised as available from there (5) Onlines stores in Korea. Links to Bookshop.org and Amazon UK site contain an affiliate code which, should you make a purchase, gives a small commission to LKL at no additional cost to you.