From the publisher’s website:
This work provides an introduction to some of the most important and representative genres of classical Korean literature. Coverage includes: Samguk sagi and samguk yusa as literature; Kuun mong and Unyongchon; the lyricism of Koryo songs; and the literature of Choson Dynasty Women.
- What Is Korean Literature?
- The Mystery and Loveliness of the Hyangga
- The Incomparable Lyricism of Koryo Songs
- Notes on the Samguk sagi and Samguk yusa
- Notes on Shijo
- The Literature of Choson Dynasty Women
- Ho Kyun: Hong Kiltong chon and the Hanmun Lives
- Kuun mong and “Unyong chon”
- The Literature of Shirhak: Winam, Pak Chi-won
- Notes on P’ansori
- Toward Modern Korean Literature