Translated by: Michael Finch
Publisher: Univ of California Berkeley Institute of East Asian Studies, 2008.
Link to online store *
From the publisher’s website:
This book contains selected writings of Min Yŏnghwan, a statesman and reformist of late-Chosŏn Korea. Min’s detailed descriptions of his journeys to Russia to attend Czar Nicholas II’s coronation and London for Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee produce vivid images of the world at that time while also revealing Min’s perceptions from his Confucian background. Readers will find the translation smooth and the texts engaging.
Michael Finch is a professor in the Department of Korean Studies at Keimyung University, Taegu, Korea.
2. One Policy out of a Thousand (Ch’ŏnilch’aek)
3. Sea, Sky, Autumn Voyage (Haech’ŏnch’ubŏm)
4. Additional Notes of an Envoy to Europe (Sagusokch’o)
5. Min Ch’ungjŏnggong’s Veritable Record: The Facts of November 1905
Entry on Goodreads.com here.
* Where the book is available from a number of sources, they are prioritised as follows: (1) Amazon UK site, or Bookshop.org for the more recent uploads (2) Amazon US site (3) Other sites in US or Europe, including second-hand outlets (4) LTI Korea, where the title is advertised as available from there (5) Onlines stores in Korea. Links to Bookshop.org and Amazon UK site contain an affiliate code which, should you make a purchase, gives a small commission to LKL at no additional cost to you.