A post by Mark Russell over at Korea Pop Wars about a particular piece of junk mail he got recently – the first issue of Toilet World – prompts me to link to two other toilet-related articles which I’ve had in my inbox for a while.
- Korea Poop Wars – Mark Russell at Korea Pop Wars, 18 May 2007
- South Korean Leads Restroom Revolution – Burt Herman at Associated Press, 17 Nov 2006. The article is reproduced in its entirety on page 11 of Toilet World #1
- Toilet cleaning craze hits Japan – a Reuters story from 1 March 2007
- Toilet World #1 – March 2007, at the World Toilet Association website
- Update 17 July 2007 – a new story: Toilet cash mystery grips Japan – BBC, 12 July 2007
While on the subject, Fruit Chan’s enigmatically titled Public Toilet has been vaguely on my DVD wishlist ever since I saw his rather colourful Dumplings. Its position on the wishlist was reinforced when I discovered that Jang Hyuk, one of the stars of the extremely fun Volcano High, also stars in Public Toilet. But the film has never made it to the top of the list, there being always more pressing purchases to make. Has anyone out there seen it?