Here are the events for the month I know about at the time of writing. For event updates always check the LKL Events Calendar or for adhoc updates follow LKL on Twitter (@lklinks). Any big events I’ve missed will also be emailed to members of the London Korean Links Facebook Group which is open to all to join.
- Younee is in the UK and her big gigs are at the 100 Club on 7 April (evening) and Pizza Express Soho Steinway Piano Festival on 17 April (lunchtime). Full gig calendar can be found here.
- The KCC has a big Buddhist exhibition starting on 10 April, with lots of associated events, including two Buddhist film screenings. For a full list of the associated events, click here.
- Far East Fine Art continues its group show of Korean contemporary artists at the Mall Galleries until 3 April
- The AKS Diners meet on 7 April at Woojung
- Kiejo is giving Korean cookery lessons at her home every Saturday in April. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details and bookings
- The K-Pop team are putting on a Korean club night in Vauxhall, Saturday 10 April till Sunday morning. There will be some giveaways of Big Bang CDs
- There’s an East Asian friendship event part sponsored by the Anglo Korean Society, also with Japanese and Chinese cultural input, in the Islington area on 13 April
- The Korean Language meetup group convenes on 14 April
- There’s a two day language workshop at SOAS, 9-10 April
- Jennifer Barclay talks about her book Meeting Mister Kim at the Travel Bookshop in Notting Hill, 13 April, 7pm
- Dr Hongnam Kim will be giving a lecture on museums in East Asia at the V&A on 22 April.
- Dr Keith Pratt will give a talk on Korean traditional music at the KCC on 28 April
- Yoon Chung is giving a lunchtime piano recital at St Martin within Ludgate on 7 April
- Sulki Yu plays Mozart at King’s College School on 10 April
- The KCC’s screenings this month have a Buddhist theme: Im Kwon-taek’s Come, Come, Come Upwards on 8 April and Jang Sun-woo’s The Avatamska Sutra on 23 April
- Bong Joon-ho’s The Host gets a screening at the Dalston Superstore on 27 April at 7:30pm. Free popcorn will be provided