The Baekdu-daegan chain of mountains forms the backbone of the Korean Peninsula. It has always occupied a very special place in the hearts of Koreans. More than just a series of rocky ranges, it is the source of the life and dynamic energy of the Korean people and shelters many of their cultural and historical treasures. The long-distance Baekdu-daegan hiking trail provides a great opportunity for outdoor enthusiasts living in Korea and abroad to hike their way through a 735-kilometre geographical repository of culture and history that continuously yields new discoveries and experiences in what is a still largely unexplored part of a busy peninsula. This guide will get you packed up and ready to hit the road.
- Comprehensive and detailed trek-by-trek descriptions of the Baekdu-daegan trail
- Helpful tips to get you ready and confident for hiking
- Detailed maps and transport information
- Cultural and historical background information
- Water source coordinates along the trail for GPS users