Author: Andrew C Nahm, Fred Harvey Harrington, Han-Kyo Kim, Hilary Conroy, Robert T Oliver, Tae-Hwan Kwak, Wayne Patterson, Wi Jo Kang, Yur-Bok Lee
Publisher: SUNY, 1998.
Link to online store *
From the publisher’s website:
Leading historians and Asian-specialists explore key aspects of United States-Korean relations.
Built upon the highly successful volume One Hundred Years of Korean-American Relations, 1882-1982, this book describes Korea’s importance to the United States and the development of the current relationship. The ramifications of this relationship are evident by the facts that South Korea now constitutes America’s seventh largest trading partner and 37,000 American troops remain stationed there on alert. North Korea, however, continues to harbor a deep resentment of the United States and its southern neighbor and maintains the fifth largest standing army in the world, situated just north of the world’s most fortified demarcation line at the 38th parallel.
Yur-Bok Lee is Professor Emeritus of History at North Dakota State University. He is the author of West Goes East: Paul George von Mollendorff and Great Power Imperialism in Late Yi Korea. Wayne Patterson is Professor of History at St. Norbert College. He is the author and editor of several books, including The Korean Frontier in America: Immigration to Hawaii, 1896-1910.
- Duality and Dominance: An Overview of Korean-American Relations, 1866–1997 | Wayne Patterson and Hilary Conroy
- A Korean View of Korean-American Relations, 1882–1910 | Yur-Bok Lee
- An American View of Korean-American Relations, 1866–1905 | Fred Harvey Harrington
- Relations between the Japanese Colonial Government and the American Missionary Community in Korea, 1905–1945 | Wi Jo Kang
- Transition and Continuity in Korean-American Relations in the Postwar Period | Robert T. Oliver
- The Security Relationship between Korea and the United States, 1960–1982 | Tae-Hwan Kwak and Wayne Patterson
- The United States and North Korea since 1945 | Andrew C. Nahm
- The United States and South Korea since 1982 | Han-Kyo Kim
Entry on Goodreads.com here.
* Where the book is available from a number of sources, they are prioritised as follows: (1) Amazon UK site, or Bookshop.org for the more recent uploads (2) Amazon US site (3) Other sites in US or Europe, including second-hand outlets (4) LTI Korea, where the title is advertised as available from there (5) Onlines stores in Korea. Links to Bookshop.org and Amazon UK site contain an affiliate code which, should you make a purchase, gives a small commission to LKL at no additional cost to you.