Author: Chai-Shin Yu, Chang Chu-kun, Hahm Pyong-choon, Kim In-hoe, Kim Kwang-il, Kim Tae-gon, Richard WL Guisso, Yi Du-hyun
Translated by: Im Hye-young, Suh Kik-on, Yi Yu-jin, Yoo Young-sik
Publisher: Jain Publishing, 1988.
Link to online store *
From the publisher’s website:
A series of psychological and anthropological studies about the oldest and the most fascinating religious tradition of Korea.
- Acknowledgments – R. Guisso
- Preface – CS. Yu and R. Guisso
- Korean Shamanism – A Bibliographical Introduction – Kim In-hoe Tr. Yoo Young-sik
- An Introduction to Korean Shamanism – Chang Chu-kun Tr. Yoo Young-sik
- A Correlation of the Ancient Religions of Japan and Korea – Chang Chu-kun
- Shamanism and the Korean World-View, Family Life-cycle, Society and Social life – Hahm Pyong-choon
- Korean Taoism and Shamanism – Chai-Shin Yu
- Regional Characteristics of Korean Shamanism – Kim Tae-gon Tr. Yi Yu-jin
- Kut and the Treatment of Mental Disorders – Kim Kwang-il: Tr. Suh Kik-on, Im Hye-young
- Role Playing Through Trance Possession in Korean Shamanism – Yi Du-hyun
- Glossary of Shamanistic Terms
LKL adds: Jain Publishing titles are also available as eBooks from the Google Play store
Entry on Goodreads.com here.
* Where the book is available from a number of sources, they are prioritised as follows: (1) Amazon UK site, or Bookshop.org for the more recent uploads (2) Amazon US site (3) Other sites in US or Europe, including second-hand outlets (4) LTI Korea, where the title is advertised as available from there (5) Onlines stores in Korea. Links to Bookshop.org and Amazon UK site contain an affiliate code which, should you make a purchase, gives a small commission to LKL at no additional cost to you.