Publisher: New Ampersand, 2016.
Link to online store *
From the publisher’s website:
“Take a Peek into the Psychology of Modern Korean People Through Slang”
-李宇龙, SM Entertainment-
“The Kpop Dictionary is a fun mix of common slang and adages frequently found in Kpop and Korean Dramas which will help provide abase for understanding that goes far beyond subtitles. As a YouTube personality who focuses on the ever-changing world of Korean entertainment, I see this book being an extremely useful resource to anyone interested in improving their comprehension of Korean Dramas and Kpop.”
– Stephanie Ishler, Hallyu Back –
“This will be the Bible of Korean Culture”
-Seunghyun Shin, Funtastic Korea
Learn to understand what your favorite K-Pop idols are saying on MV, TV Shows, and Dramas!
– 500 Essential K-Pop Words and Phrases
– Pronunciation Guide for Accuracy
– Definitions and Their Cultural Background
– Real Life Conversation Examples
Have you just started following K-Pop and K-Drama but can’t understand the lingo? Do you want to be a part of K-Pop and K-Drama fandom but can’t blend in because you don’t know the jargon everyone is using? Or are you an experienced K-Pop / K-Drama fan wanting to expand your vocabulary? Then this book is for you!
The K-Pop Dictionary is designed to help you learn the most up-to-date vocabulary used in K-Pop, TV shows, and K-Dramas. As the title of this book suggests, this is not an ordinary dictionary:
It is specifically designed to teach you what the words mean in a K-Pop and K-Drama context, because without knowing the cultural background of the words, they are just a bunch of enigmas. So we have included essential information such as where the words originated, plus where, when, and how they are used. Without this, you are missing out on all the news and updates other fans are talking about!
We have also included real life examples of their use. You will gain a thorough understanding of the vocabulary, its nuances, and its origins. You can use this as a quick reference book any time you run into K-Pop and K-Drama lingo, or as a study reference by utilizing the conversation examples included on every page. Whatever your goal, this is a great way to expand your K-Pop and K-Drama knowledge; your window into the fascinating world of Korean culture!
A dictionary of honest human interaction, Korean pop culture, and everyday K-POP life. A resource for language learners confused by real-world Korean, and a tool to help you understand the world of a K-POP fan. But more importantly, great entertainment for everyone.
A fun supplement to the more conventional language-learning tools. This book will help you understand some of the words and phrases that you won't find in a textbook.
Entry on Goodreads.com here.
* Where the book is available from a number of sources, they are prioritised as follows: (1) Amazon UK site, or Bookshop.org for the more recent uploads (2) Amazon US site (3) Other sites in US or Europe, including second-hand outlets (4) LTI Korea, where the title is advertised as available from there (5) Onlines stores in Korea. Links to Bookshop.org and Amazon UK site contain an affiliate code which, should you make a purchase, gives a small commission to LKL at no additional cost to you.