Why is it that Western Korea-watchers are, in general, so cynical?
Too often we criticise Korea for not listening to sound advice from us knoweldgeable, sophisticated Westerners. So Korea goes and hires the leading “National Branding” expert, Simon Anholt (a Brit, according to one blogger), to assist with a tourism strapline. Highly commendable. And the new brand was launched last week. But still the response from Westerners seems at best muted – with the notable exception of a writer in the Korea Herald.
Have a browse through the comments in the blogosphere linked below, or better still, participate in the KTO’s sparkling competitions and win a return trip to Korea.
- Official Korean Tourist Organisation website
- Korea, Sparkling video at the KTO website
- Win return tickets to Korea in a Korea, Sparkling competition
- Korea, Sparkling in the Korean press:
- Korea, Sparkling in the blogosphere:
- “Korea, Sparkling” explained – LKL, 9 July 2007
- Korea, fizzling -Â KTO’s launch of the brand in London on 28 June 2007 (LKL, 29 June 2007). Dreadful.