Unlike another student in the same class (me) Sophie has progressed somewhat since then. Many congratulations to her on winning the Korea Times Grand Prize for poetry in the 46th Modern Korean Literature Translation Awards. Her winning translation of poems by Jin Eun-young can be found via the links below, along with the commended translators.
- Winners of 46th Modern Korean Literature Translation Awards
- Korea Times Translation Awards 2015: Judges’ Report
- Grand prize in poetry – Jin Eun-young’s poems translated by Sophie Bowman
- Commendation award 1 – Lee Jang-wook’s “More than Half of Haruo” translated by Jung Sl-in
- Commendation award 2 – Lee Seung-u’s “The Old Diary” translated by Helen Cho
- Commendation award 3 – Kim Soom’s “Left-handed Woman” translated by Christine Kwon and Park Chul-hwan